Personal Information that we collect from you
When you engage with us (e.g. by visiting the Website, making an enquiry or filling in a form on the Website) you may provide, and/or we may collect, certain Personal Information, such as:
- information that you provide by completing forms on the site, such as your name, email address and contact details;
- details of any requests or transactions you make through the site;
- information about your activity on and interaction with the site, such as your IP address and the device or browser you use; or
- communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
What we do with your Personal Information
We will only collect and process your Personal Information: (a) in order to supply the products and services that you have requested and correspond with you (e.g. we may contact you with updates on the campaign you have contributed funds to); (b) to provide support to you in respect of these services; (d) to analyse and improve the use of our Website and services, and support and improve the browsing experience of visitors to the Website; and (e) for our internal business processes.
Where you have explicitly consented at the time we collect your Personal Information or where we have a right to do so, we may also use your Personal Information to let you know about other campaigns that may be of interest to you and/or inform you about important changes or developments to our services, by e-mail. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out when we can. We will send you emails relating to your personal transactions. You will also receive certain email notifications and marketing emails, from which you may opt out. We may send you service-related announcements on the rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
Social Media Plugins
NationBuilder, the platform through which this website has been built and hosted, integrates social media application program interfaces or plug-ins ("Plug-ins") from social networks, including Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Xing, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest and/or possibly other companies, into the Website. In order to register as a user with us, you may have the option to sign in using your Facebook or other social media site ("SMS") login.
For example, when you visit our Website, the plugin creates a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook server. This allows Facebook to receive information about your visit to our Website or platform with your IP address. If you click the Facebook "Like" button while you are logged on to your Facebook account, you can link the contents of our Website or platform to your Facebook profile. This allows Facebook to assign your visit to our Website or platform to your user account. Please note that as provider of the Website or platform, NationBuilder receive no notification about the contents of the transmitted data or their use by Facebook. If you do not want Facebook to assign your visit to our Website or platform to your Facebook user account, please log out of your Facebook user account.
How we share your Personal Information
We will never sell your personal information. We never post anything to your Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party accounts without your permission.
Where it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or for our internal business processes, we may share your Personal Information with our suppliers, contractors and/or third party partners, for example:
- To employees or partners, to assist with any queries that you may have regarding the service and to allow us to provide our services;
- To organisations involved in the processing of donations.
This data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- any payment information you provide (only PayPal, our payment provider, sees your payment details; Campaign for Chris Williamson never sees your card details)
- your IP address;
- your name, email address and postcode, unless you opt in to those details being shared on our Website;
- your login details, including your password;
- communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem), unless you’ve requested that we forward those on to other parties.
Our security and data retention measures, and any transfers we make outside the EEA
The Personal Information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored securely on NationBuilder servers, which employs its own physical and network security measures. NationBuilder takes data security and privacy very seriously. They take reasonable precautions to protect the security of your information. They have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorised access, maintain data security, and correctly use your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof, including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes, make mistakes, or fail to follow policies. Therefore, while they use reasonable efforts to protect your information, they cannot guarantee its security. You are responsible for the security of your personal information; any transmission is therefore at your own risk.
Campaign for Chris Williamson takes steps to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will only keep your Personal Information for as long as we reasonably require and, in any event, only for as long as the Data Protection Legislation allows.
Accessing and updating your Personal Information
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing or research purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the details set out below.
You have the right to see the Personal Information we hold about you and to ask us to: (a) make any changes to ensure that any Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and up to date; (b) erase or stop processing any Personal Information we hold about you where there is no longer a legal ground for us to hold it; or (c) transfer any information we hold about you to a specified third party. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the details set out below.
Should you have any queries or complaints in relation to how we use your Personal Information, please contact us using the details set out below. Should you with to take any complaints or queries further, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner's Office regarding such issues.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their related policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information via these websites.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than information about how you use the Website and the data you choose to share with us (including data you automatically share with us by way of your browser settings).
We may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring service usage in order to help us develop the Website and our service and may provide such anonymised aggregate information to third parties, for example content partners and advertisers. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
In particular, we use the following cookies:
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use our Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. Information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Website works.
- Communications cookies. These cookies save your settings across logins and help us track the performance of our communications and support. Information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Sharing cookies. These cookies allow you to interact with third party services such as Twitter and Facebook.
You can also manage cookie use via your browser settings (this will allow you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies) and your browser provider may ask you to confirm your settings. Note, however, that if you block all cookies (including essential cookies) via your browser settings you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
You can find more information about cookies generally here: www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you have questions or suggestions, or if you wish to contact us for any of the reasons set out above, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Updated 30 September 2019